Are you using Ibotta? If not, you should start! To date, since the Spring of 2016, I have earned $702.20. I have earned over 700 dollars by simply clipping virtual coupons, or completing my online shopping through an app for cashback. All you need to do is get started.
How to Use Ibotta
1. GET STARTED. Download the app, it’s free! Create a profile once it is downloaded.
2. SELECT A STORE. Select a store that you plan to do your next round of grocery shopping at. I mostly use Hannaford and Walmart. My loyalty card is attached to my account for when I shop at Hannaford and a photo of the receipt is all that’s necessary for Walmart. Each store is different, so make sure you check ahead of time.
3. SEARCH REBATES. Search for rebates! You can search by category such as beverages, breakfast, dairy, and produce or you can look through ‘What’s Hot’, ‘Best Deals’, and ‘What’s New’. Sometimes, upon selecting an item you are asked to answer a quick question or watch a short video; it never takes more than a minute.
4. DOUBLE UP! Always double-check the ‘Any Item’ category. Sometimes there is .10 or .25 off any purchase. Other times you might be able to double up your savings! For example, if there is an ‘Any Cereal’ rebate for .25 cents and you already planned on buying a specific brand of cereal from a rebate for .50 cents back, you’ve now purchased a box of cereal with a .75 cent rebate!
5. REDEEM REBATES. After you’ve done your shopping and made your purchases it is time to redeem. If the store you’re purchasing from links to a loyalty card, your rebates will be redeemed automatically. If you need a photo of your receipt or to scan your receipts QR/bar code this is the time to do it. Always double-check to make sure the app has the right quantity of what you’ve purchased and that it hasn’t missed any rebates! If it has, you can simply add the item and then scan the barcode of the product to add it to the list.
Make sure you read each rebate. Sometimes, you are required to purchase multiples of a product in order to earn the rebate. For example, buy three Icelandic yogurts and earn one dollar back. Sometimes a rebate makes the item free after purchase; be sure to read carefully.
Also, keep in mind that sometimes you can earn a rebate on an item up to 5 times in one receipt! Other times, the rebate is only valid once per receipt. Make sure you’re reading and utilizing your rebates to earn the most cashback.
There are often monthly and seemingly random bonuses available for you to earn additional cashback. Be sure to check them out and see what extra savings you may make.
OTHER WAYS YOU CAN SAVE
Before you make an online purchase, check to see if they’re on Ibotta! Anytime I buy from American Eagle I buy through the app for 2.5% back. Lucky Brand, Forever 21, Adidas, Booking.com, Dicks Sporting Goods and many other brands offer cashback for purchases made through the app. Generally, I will do my shopping via my laptop and add items to my bag. Upon logging into ibotta and opening the store through the app, I simply log into my account and my bag is saved! All I need to do now is make my purchase and wait for my cashback!
Pay with Ibotta
For restaurants (Olive Garden, Chilis, Chipotle, and Applebees) and certain retailers such as Walmart, Home Depot, Ulta, Old Navy and more, you can pay through the app and earn 5-7% cashback. This does require you to submit your debit card information to the app – which really isn’t much different than the information you provide in order to withdraw your funds.
Withdrawing your Funds
When you press the withdraw funds button you are provided a few different options. Once you’ve saved a minimum of $25 you can transfer the chosen amount to a linked PayPal or Venmo account. From here, you can initiate a transfer to your bank account.
If you are not a PayPal or Venmo user, you may transfer the funds to a gift card. There are tons of different gift card options; Amazon, Applebee’s, Best Buy, DSW, iTunes, Lowes, Starbucks, TJX, and Walmart are just a few of the many options you choose from. Once transferred to a gift card, you may spend it as you please!
Stop missing out on extra cash! Download Ibotta now!
Check out the other ways Expedition Education makes extra money for travel.